Ladies and gents, I’m back in action once again. I sincerely apologize for my sporadic nature in posting recipes during the last several months…Life got the better of me!
One pretty amazing thing that happened was that I turned 40. Some people may not consider a birthday that big of a deal, but when I say this is ‘amazing’ it’s because I am truly surprised that I actually made it 40 years.
I am 40. This is something that is peaceful and yet disruptive at the same time.
- I have decades of life experience that has molded me and will help mold me in the decades to come.
- I feel comfortable in my own skin (most of the time, I have my days).
- I’m in the best shape of my life. I have the best husband and family.
- I know what I need to eat (and do in general) to feel the best I can. I have my habits pretty dialed in there.
- OMG I AM 40. What am I going to do with my life? What do I want to be when I grow up? Is this it? I know what I’m doing isn’t hitting me deep down, isn’t making much of a difference for me or the world as a whole. Does that matter? Or, does it matter that I earn an OK living and am supporting my family?
- OMG I AM 40. How many years do I have left? Another 40? 10? 1? It’s somewhat disturbing to look at your own mortality…I know we shouldn’t, we should live life to the fullest and all that, but sometimes, thoughts creep into my head.
- OMG I AM 40. I do NOT bounce back like I used to. I started feeling this way at 38, but for the most part, it takes me awhile to bounce back from a vacation, bad eating, not sleeping. It’s not good…but this is where the 1st bullet (above) comes in. Hind sight is 20/20.
All in all, life is good. I have a lot of life left in me and I know there are great things waiting for me in the future. I KNOW I am the ONE who has to make a plan and go out and get on it. I understand this.
I will do it. I just have to figure out what “it” is…I don’t want to spend my next decades figuring out if the path I went down is the right one.
Have a great day – no matter what age you are.