Well, hello! The CrossFit X Whole 30 has started and we need easy mid week meals. This is perfect. Once you have your chicken thighs thawed, you’re ready to go. This is a great dish because you can combo anything you want and have a very satisfying meal. I always make double – that way, Dale has leftovers for lunch for a couple of days. He loves this dish.
- 1-2 pkgs of organic chicken thighs
- Artichoke hearts in water, quartered (Trader Joe’s has great hearts)
- White onion, sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon OR water from artichoke can
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, optional
- Bacon crumbles, if you have them
- Salt and Pepper
- Oil for greasing dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grab a rectangle baking dish, grease it up with oil of choice. I used avocado oil, or bacon grease is ok too. Size will be dependent on amount of chicken you use. It’s ok to have the thighs touching, but you don’t want too much overlap.
- Place 1/2 of onion slices, half of artichoke hearts and half of olives on bottom of dish.
- Salt and pepper.
- Place thighs on top of the goodies. Place rest of onion, hearts and olives on top of chicken, evenly disbursed.
- Drizzle oil on top of goodness. add bacon.
- Salt and pepper.
- Place in oven until internal temperature reaches 165. For my oven, this is at 35-40 minutes.
- Take out, and enjoy with a sautee of green beans, a salad, or some yams. DELISH!
You know what’s great about this dish? I make it on a Sunday, cover, and have for dinner on Monday or Tuesday. If you don’t like artichoke hearts or olives – use sun dried tomatoes, peppers, or other fave veggies. The more color the better! Note: If you don’t use the hearts, remember to include lemon juice. Gives it a zing!
Sorry about the size of the picture, wordpress was NOT agreeing with me today. Also, this pic was before it went in the oven. I forgot to take a pic after it came out. You get the idea!! :) ENJOY!!