Last night we had some friends over, and Fuzz breaks out the desserts and chocolate. Not good for me. I woke up this morning with a huge sugar headache and feeling very foggy. I’m sure the wine didn’t help either, at the same time, it’s all sugar.
I’ve learned in recent years we ARE what we eat. When I eat too much sugar, I break out in acne and bloat, move slow and feel like ass. This is why I MIGHT do this once a year…I’ve learned. I don’t even know why I do this once a year…eeek gads.
Anyway, this morning I decided to clean out my system and get back on track. Yes, one evening of sugar can screw me up pretty bad. So, I woke up, had 40oz of water and am now on my smoothie…even BEFORE my first cup of coffee. Radical, I know.
Smoothies. I love them. They are easy, full of nutrients (depending on what you put in them, of course) and very paleo friendly. One of my faves, that I just made this morning:
Blueberry-Kale-Parsley (yes, parsley)
- Frozen blueberries (get the bag from costco)
- Kale – usually get this in my Dandelion Organic bin, but have just found a HUGE BAG of baby kale from Costco! Holy! Baby kale will help the ‘chunkiness’ of the smoothie – Fuzz does not like chunk. I don’t mind it.
- Fresh lemon juice
- Coconut milk
Here are a few benefits of parsley:
- Beta Carotene-Beta carotene is converted by the body into Vitamin A. This nutrient helps eyesight and protects the liver, colon and lungs. Next to carrots and sweet potatoes, parsley is one of the best natural sources of beta-carotene.
- Chlorophyll- parsley is loaded with chlorophyll. This substance helps to fight bacteria and fungus, suppress viruses and aids the lungs in expelling environmental pollutants.
- Folic acid- the folic acid in parsley can help prevent heart disease by strengthening blood vessels.
- Iron- Parsley is a great source of iron, which helps to fight anemia, it also is 20% protein.
- Parsley also contains many other vitamins and minerals that help to strengthen your immune system purify your blood and keep your body healthy and strong.