Wow. Just…WOW. This was DELICIOUS. Another winner from elena’s pantry! Two people have asked me for bread recipes of late yet I was pretty shy on trying it because I’ve gotten so used to not having bread it’s not something I ever think about…so I was fearful anything I made would turn out bad!
Tonight, I found an easy recipe (elena’s pantry) and decided to give it a go. Holy. This was amazing. I couldn’t believe how good it smelled while cooking and when I tasted it – of course, with a bit ‘o butter….I had to force myself to STOP EATING IT. It was AMAZING.
And the kicker??? EASY. Me likey easy. I did change a couple of things – see below. And enjoy – this one is a keeper and I will be making it again. Probably on Friday, for Dale, because I’ll have eaten it all by then. Ooops.
Original recipe: http://www.elanaspantry.com/paleo-bread/
- 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour [I usually grind my own almonds and use that. Now, it’s more ‘mealy’, not as finely ground so it gave this bread a not as dense texture. I like it just fine, but if you like that dense, thicker bread, purchase almond flour that’s finely ground.]
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour [used heaping tblspoons because my almond ‘flour’ was not finely ground, so as a ‘just in case’ used heaping, not level]
- ¼ cup golden flaxseed meal
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey [used half a tble spoon, if that. Ran out so didn’t use it – don’t think you need it.]
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Place almond flour, coconut flour, flax, salt and baking soda in a food processor
- Pulse ingredients together
- Pulse in eggs, oil, honey and vinegar
- Pour batter into a greased 7.5″ x 3.5″ Magic Line Loaf Pan
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes
Cool and serve