This is a recipe that caught my eye out of Mayfield’s Paleo Comfort Foods cook book. I have been very happy with this purchase – very flavorful food, different paleo twists. MMMM, so good.
As usual, I will write the original recipe and my modifications in (XXX).
I made this on a Sunday, snacked on it Sunday afternoon, then had it for breakfast every day the following week. I cut it up, put it in individual dishes for Dale and I, and we just “grabbed and go.” Love the convenience.
- 2 lbs ground turkey [used one]
- tblsp coconut oil
- 2 c onions, chopped
- 4 c broccoli, chopped [used 1.5 cups]
- 2 c artichoke hears [super bummed – did not have these on hand for round one, but for round two I WILL]
- ‘handful’ of spinach, roughly chopped [used about 4 cups]
- 1 tsp smoked paprika [used 1 tblsp – LOVE paprika…have I mentioned this before?]
- 3 tblsp fresh basil [use more, so good]
- 12 large eggs [yep]
- [added cup of fresh parsley]
- [added 2 chopped zucchini]
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large skillet, brown turky meat with salt and pepper, drain liqued off and put turkey meat into bottom of greased 9×13″ baking dish. [I tossed everything in a bowl – meat, veggies (coming up), etc. Mixed, put in dish, then poured eggs.]
- Using same skillet, heat coconut oil, saute onions until translucent, add brocc, artichoke [or other veggies – save the fresh herbs – add before you put into baking dish], other veggies, saute for a bit, add paprika. take off of heat, add fresh herbs.
- while veggies are cooking, whisk the eggs in a bowl, add a bit of salt and pepper.
- when veggies are done, turn off heat and add in fresh herbs. Mix well, then put in baking dish.
- pour eggs over meat and veggies.
- bake for about 45 minutes or until eggs are done in the middle.