Good morning from Sun Peaks! We are having a great time with grandbaby and The Fuzz. As I was looking through pictures this morning, I finally found the picture of the wings I had made a couple of months ago! I’m so excited, I didn’t want to post this recipe weithout posting a picture. These turned out SO GOOD. Too bad I didn’t find the pic before the Super Bowl! HA! Better late than never…
This is another recipe from Paleo Comfort Foods…as I’ve said in previous posts, this is becoming one of my fave cookbooks. LOVE IT. The use of spices is really good compared to some other books I’ve tried.
The wings are a great Friday night movie night snack, or a Sunday afternoon mid day treat.
Here you go – enjoy!
[Ok, after finding the picture earlier, I’ve lost it again. Crap. I’ll try to look and get it on here. Sorry.]
20 chicken wings, drums and flats [I bought the wing ‘packs’ from Costco, they worked fine for this recipe.]
- 2 tblsp hot sauce
- 1/4 c butter [I subbed olive oil…will probably try grape seed oil next time]
- 1 tblsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp paprika [upped to 1 tsp]
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper [upped to 1 tsp]
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder [upped this to one full tsp]
- 1/4 tsp celery seed [had celery salt, used that]
- Preheat oven to 375. Place wings on greased sheet pan.
- Bake wings for 30 until cooked and crispy, while this is going on start the sauce.
- If you use butter, here are the directions: combine everything in a medium sauce pan, stir until butter is melted. simmer for 5 minutes, remove from heat.
- Since I used olive oil, I just combined everything in a bowl, whisked and set aside until my wings were ready for me.
- When you take wings out, dip in sauce, shake off and replace on cookie sheet. Lower the oven temp to 25o.
- If you don’t want to dip each wing, just use a basting brush and brush while on the cookie sheet. less messy.
- I poured whatever sauce was left over the wings and baked for an additional 15 minutes. SO GOOD. Enjoy!