I’m back! Wow, I can’t believe I haven’t posted to my blog in more than two weeks. SORRY ALL! I’m not sure where the time went! But, I have some great recipes to post…so I hope it’s worth the wait!
This is another winner from Paleo Comfort Foods.
So, the original recipe is “Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Sauce” but I totally modified it so am not sure I can call it that anymore! But, I will give you both recipes and you can play away! My mods in [XXX].
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts [two boobs, flattened to the same thickness]
- 1.2 cup almond flour [1/4 cup of almond flour/meal mixed with 1/4 cup of coconut flour]
- 1/2 tsp tarragon
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder [did not have, didn’t use]
- 1/4 tsp paprika [1/2 tsp]
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil [grapeseed oil]
- 1 tblsp clarified butter [I used kerrygold grassfed cow butter]
- 2 garlic cloves, minced [lots more]
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, destemmed and sliced [used crimini, did not destem]
- 1/4 cup dry sherry [did not have, used juice of one lemon]
- 3/4 cup chicken stock [1/2 c of stock + 1/4 c of artichoke heart juice]
- 2 tsp chopped chives [didn’t have]
- I added: 1 can of artichokes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On a plate or in a shallow bowl, combine flours with tarragon through pepper. Dredge chicken through mix.
- Preheat stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat [I used a cast iron skillet – worked fine]. Add oil – get hot!
- Gently place chicken breasts in skillet. Sear both sides of chicken for 4-5 minutes each side.
- Remove from pan, place in oven proof baking dish, place in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium. Add oil/butter scraping up any brown bits. Stir in garlic and saute until fragrant, stir in shrooms. Saute for 1-2 minutes, add sherry/lemon juice and stock/artichoke juice. Add artichoke hearts.
- Let simmer until reduced slightly and shrooms are cooked and hearts are heated through.
- Add chives just before serving.
- Serve sauce over chicken.