I felt like breakie for dinner tonight, so looked up a new recipe to try. I found this one, from paleoplan.com. This is a great site – free info and tons of recipes. Check it out.
Here’s the original sweet potato hash recipe. I’ve also put below, however, with my modifications in [xxx]. I call this more of a scramble for me because I like it when the eggs are mixed in the dish – the original calls for eggs as a topper. Either way, it will be good.
- 1 Tbs coconut oil, divided [this is for the fried egg portion – I didn’t use]
- 1 medium sweet potato or yam, diced into 1/2″ cubes [mine was small, so added 2 small yellow taters I had]
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced [one white onion]
- [6 slices of bacon i had left over]
- 2 nitrite/nitrate free sausages, sliced [used one lb of ground italian style chicken sausage – spices in this ROCK]
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced [I don’t do bell peppers much, makes me burp. So, instead, I used the following:
- 1/2 c of chopped shrooms, 1 c chopped zucchini, 1 c chopped kale. I LOVE veggies]
- 4 eggs [upped this to 8]
- freshly ground black pepper [and salt, to taste]
- I started out cooking the bacon. Got that done, set aside to cool, poured out the grease, and used the bacon grease that was coated on the pan to start my ground chicken in.
- The ground chicken is going, almost done and added my taters and onions. Stir often, cover in between stirrings.
- When those veggies are getting soft (not all the way, you don’t want them over done and too mushy) then add your other veggies of choice. Chop your bacon.
- After about 10 minutes, with stirring, your veggies should be almost cooked – this is when you add your eggs IF YOU ARE CHOOSING to do a scramble. If not, fry those eggs up in your coconut oil in a separate pan. You’ll top your veggie-meat-hash with that.
- So, add your eggs, and keep heat on med-low…you want to mix your eggs in with the veggies, stirring often…you’ll notice when your eggs are getting there . Add your chopped bacon, add some salt and pepper.
- When complete, dump on a plate and ENJOY.