Hello! Well, I decided to make the spinach cake recipe again just to try it, and, to modify it once again with a bit of “Shazzy Magic.” Both versions are excellent – it’s personal preference for you on what you like.
Here’s the original recipe, it’s also below w/my second set of modifications in [xxx].
Again, this turned out FABULOUS. Such a treat!
- 1 ½ pounds spinach, thoroughly washed, leave stems on if they are not tough [I used one full bag of organic girl ‘super greens’ you find at Haggen.]
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 cup pine nuts [I used half a cup – just Dale and I]
- 2 cloves garlic, minced [use four cloves – if you like garlic, do this, otherwise, stick with two. It was GARLICY!]
- 2 eggs, whisked [used one]
- ½ cup currants [Did NOT use]
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of grated parm cheese
- Wilt spinach in a large covered saucepan, over low heat (do not add water) 5 minutes, until tender
- Drain and cool, then gently squeeze moisture out of spinach
- Place spinach in food processor and pulse until coarsely blended, then set aside [i just used two knives and cut up on a cutting board]
- In a small skillet, warm 3 tablespoons oil, add pine nuts and saute until golden brown
- Add garlic to pan of pine nuts and saute together an additional minute
- In a large bowl, combine pine nuts mixture, blended spinach, eggs,
- Spread mixture into a greased 7×11 inch Pyrex baking dish
- Sprinkle cheese on top
- Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes