This technically is supposed to be Scotch Eggs. I had to change it to chicken when my hard boiled eggs didn’t peel very well, which annoyed the crap out of me. How the heck can one not peel a hard boiled egg?! Anyhoo, I made a quick decision to continue on with the recipe with another protein source: chicken tenders.
Dale and I just finished dinner with these and a side salad. WOW. They were good – just a different spin on chicken and I’m telling you it was GOOD!! I also think this is a CrossFit’ers delight – mega protein. Try it and let me know what you think!
- 1 lb ground pork
- Italian Seasoning (as much as you want, I used 2 tblsp)
- Salt and Pepper (1/2 salt and 1 tsp pepper)
- 1 package of chicken tenders (5-7 pieces)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Get a cookie sheet and place parchment paper on there (parchment works best)
- Put chicken tenders on a plate, set aside.
- Mix ground pork and spices
- Make ‘balls’ of the pork and set aside, on a plate or on the counter – equal portions
- Take a ball, flatten it out. If it gets sticky, just wet your hands a bit – works like a charm.
- Once flattened, put one chicken tender in there and roll the pork around the chicken. “Chicken in a blanket” is what comes to mind.
- you’ll see from the pics that the chicken ends stick out on some – try to mold the pork around the whole piece, if you can’t, don’t worry about it.
- Place these as you make them on the cookie sheet.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes and check. The pork should be browned a bit when they are all done. Check it at 30-35 minutes, cut one open and just make sure the chicken is done on the inside.
SUPER GOOD. Side dishes could include any veggies, a side salad, or even just cottage cheese. Enjoy!