This was a great, quick, easy weeknight recipe. I had everything at home.
- chicken thighs (I buy the organic/happy chicken thighs from Costco. For this recipe, i used one package for 2 people. It was so good, we could have had more and Dale could have lunch too, but I wasn’t thinking ahead!)
- prosciutto (bacon would work well too, might be too greasy)
- mustard – I had tarragon mustard on hand, but you can use any kind of stone ground mustard and it would be good!)
Preheat your oven to 375. I lined my cookie sheet with foil, then used an un-greased rack. Doing this helps your thighs cook outside of the drippings.
- Get a piece of prosciutto/bacon ready (one piece per thigh works well, two works even better)
- Get a thigh ready
- Spread a bit of mustard on the thigh, wrap in the piece of prosciutto, roll up
- Place on cookie sheet/rack
Note: Some thighs I used more than one piece of prosciutto, just to test out the flavor, the cooking time, etc. Both versions were FABULOUS, but 2 is awesome.
Mustard: all depends on how much you like mustard. I used approximately 3/4-1 tablespoon per thigh. It was a BIT too much for me, but was still good. Get crazy and test out portions.
Cook for 20 minutes, check by cutting open. Make sure juices run clear.
Fabulous with asparagus and some quinoa/rice blend. ENJOY!