Carly posted a suggested recipe from PaleOMG on my Facebook wall so I decided to give it a go. These chocolate coconut stacks are from Julie’s blog and they turned out freaking good. 🙂 I followed the recipe for the most part – my mod in [xxx]. Didn’t do much different. Seriously, what I love about these is that the consistency is FAB and they aren’t too sweet – they are perfect for this girl.
Anyhoo, give it a whirl, and go check out Julie’s blog. Awesome.
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Coconut Cream Concentrate or 1/2 cup homemade coconut butter [I was running way behind on time – bought coconut butter. I plan on making it next time b/c it’s bloody expensive.]
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds [I only had whole on hand – so food-processed them. VERY good]
- pinch of salt
- In a small saucepan add the coconut milk, coconut butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder, and almond butter. Stir all the ingredients together until smooth and warmed through. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl add the coconut and sliced almonds. Pour the chocolate mixture over the coconut and almonds and stir to thoroughly combine. Drop on a parchment lined cookie sheet and cool in the fridge until set.