So, this recipe originally came from a magazine…and my girlfriend made it at our house one night recently with shrimp. It was amazing. So, I’m going to give you the original recipe and then other ways you can make it. Super easy, super good. Enjoy!
The picture shown here is from the chicken adobo recipe – you’ll see the sauce I made on the chicken. See my [xxx] below for that.
BBQ Shrimp with chipotle/cilantro/lime dipping sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp minced canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro leaves [fresh flat leaf parsley]
- 1/2 tsp grated lime zest [lemon]
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice [lemon]
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic [one tsp, plus]
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled, deveined – tails intact (if this doesn’t happen, just use toothpicks when you serve) [serve over anything – stuff is good!]
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt
In a small bowl, combine everything through the 1/4 tsp salt. Cover and refridge for at least two hours.
Toss the shrimp with olive oil and use a grill basket or place on tin foil on the grill (or thread on to skewers, however, this is a pain in the ass). Cook on a hot grill for 2-3 minutes MAX per side. Serve with the dipping sauce.