This was amazing and I will make it again and again! Thank you Jenna from The Paleo Project.
Here’s the original recipe, my mods in [xxx]. My mods include doubling everything – I fed 8. And, that random pic of The Fuzz is him giving a thumbs up for this salad. He liked it!
Avocado Kale Salad –
- 1 bunch of fresh kale, washed and ripped into small pieces
- [I bought the baby kale mix from Costco! Surprise surprise. It’s perfect. While there is a TON of kale, use it in your Quiche, smoothies, saute for dinner, etc. I go through one of these in a week. It’s awesome]. *So, use baby kale, chop it up a bit.
- [also used romaine lettuce. chop it up.]
- 1 1/2 avocados, pitted [used 4]
- 1/2 yellow onion [one hole]
- 1/2 lime [juice of 3 limes]
- salt [yep]
- garlic salt [yep – next time I’ll use fresh garlic]
- 1 tomato, cut into small pieces [3 Roma tomatoes]
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots [i put in half a bag – bought the pre shredded ones from Haggen]
- added a bunch of sliced radishes – perfect addition]
Place everything in a food processor. Process until smooth, creamy dressing forms. [I used a mini food processor and put all but the avocados in. I put that in bowl, then mashed the avocados in there with a hand held potato masher. I liked this because it left some chunkiness in the avocados]
In a large bowl, place romaine, kale, radishes, tomatoes and carrots.
Pour avocado dressing over salad, mix with spoon until everything is coated! [I mixed with my hands – easier]