Wow, it’s been awhile since I’ve posted and I apologize. We had company then The Fuzz and I took a vacation for our 10 year anniversary. It’s amazing to look back over the ten years. A quote I saw on the road during our trip said, “The road to happiness is always under construction.” Ain’t that the truth! We just laughed.
Anyhoo, I have made so many amazing things during the last few weeks! Unfortunately, not all have pictures. Yes, I suck. However, use your imagination and know that if it wasn’t delicious, I wouldn’t post it!
I got this recipe from The Primal Blueprint Cookbook, Mark Sisson. I’ve had this book for ages, but am really getting into it now. Ultimately, it’s a turkey burger on a stick – BUT – it looks way cooler on the stick and is way easy to do and is great for parties. We made these camping for 14 people!
You can do these with the dip or without – but we made the dip and it was a HIT. Everyone likes to dip, right?!
Original recipe is below, I’ve got my notes in [xxx]. Enjoy!
Servings: 6-8 kabobs
- 1.5 lbs of turkey breast, deboned, trimmed and most of the skin and cut into thin strips [ok, I used 1.5 lbs of organic ground turkey you get at Costco – just saved you lots of time]
- 1 garlic clove minced [I used 5]
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp cumin [2 tsp]
- 1/2 tsp paprika [2 tsp]
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon [did not used, forgot at home]
- 1/4 tsp or less of cayenne pepper [I used 1 tsp]
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley [I used at least this much]
- 1 tbsp finely chopped mint [yes]
- Skewers of choice, follow package directions [I used bamboo and soaked for 30 minutes, then brushed with olive oil for easy application]
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayanne
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro leaves
- juice of one lime
- 2 big cloves of garlic, minced
- salt to taste
Mix all, put in fridge until kabobs are done.