Wow, this was so good. Delicious and VERY PALEO.
I got the Paleo Box this week from Acme Farms & Kitchens. This was chock full of meat, veggies and a few berries. So good. Anyway, included was ‘beef stir fry’ meat – high quality beef sliced nice and thin, ready for the skillet, as well as a TON of fresh basil. I needed to use this goodness but wanted something SIMPLE since I was coaching late last night.
Enter this amazing recipe from Eclectic Recipes. I’ve never stumbled across this one but am glad I did. How SIMPLE this recipe is with so few ingredients – and it was so good. Original recipe here and below, my mods in [xxx]. ENJOY!
Basil Lime Beef Stir Fry
- 2 lbs top sirloin, cut into thin strips [I used one lb of very thinly sliced meat]
- the zest and juice of 1 lime [no zest, too lazy. Used juice of two limes – I LOVE LIME]
- 1 lime, cut in slices [forgot this part]
- a large bunch of fresh basil [I used a cup and chopped it up]
- a box of frozen snow peas, defrosted, or fresh snow peas [didn’t have this, so used shrooms and zucchini, also from my paleo box]
- kosher salt [yep]
- pepper [yep]
- white rice [nope, used a BIT of quinoa.]
- vegetable oil [grapeseed]
- Preheat wok or large skillet. Bring water to boil for rice and cook according to package directions.
- Salt and pepper sirloin strips. Add beef to hot wok. [I did my veggies firs] Add lime zest and juice. Cook beef over high heat until it is no longer pink. Add snow peas and cook for just a little while longer. Snow peas will deepen in color a bit. Don’t overcook. Remove wok from heat and add fresh basil. Stir until basil is just wilted.
- Serve over hot rice.