I understand the verdict is still out on quinoa and whether or not it’s Paleo. Well, quinoa is an amazing food – read more on it here. This recipe works with or without quinoa – just check it out and see what ya like!
There were a few things I needed to use up before they went bad and what better way than to toss it in a bowl and mix it all up? I love the ease of ‘salads’ because they are versatile, travel easy, Fuzz will eat it for lunch on a sandwich, I’ll take it for lunch on my lettuce, use it IN a lettuce wrap, ooo, another good one is to stuff a hard boiled egg with the numminess. The possibilities are endless.
So, this is what I did. In one bowl, I mixed:
- 1/2 – 3/4 of a bag of frozen peas (straight out of the bag)
- Chicken (you can use cooked chicken breasts, thighs, mix, etc. I used 3/4 of a small rotisserie chicken from Haggens)
- 3/4 cup of cooked quinoa (had some left over from our Beef Lime Basil dish the night before)
- 13/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paleo mayo or Veganese
- Red wine vinegar (I did five ‘shakes’ from the bottle)
Mix well. That’s about it. 🙂 Enjoy!