This. Was. Awesome. 🙂 Seriously, so easy and good! Another great blog: Paleodietlifestyle.com.
Here’s the original recipe, my mods in [xxx]. 🙂 I didn’t mod anything so that was a waste of typing. Ok, here we go. Enjoy!
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced; [two huge cloves – this is all I had in the house]
- 2 tbsp lemon juice; [juice of three lemons]
- 3/4 cup butter (or Ghee); [half cup]
- 2 pounds large scallops; [From Costco]
- Salt and pepper to taste. [oops, forgot this part]
- [bacon crumbles – left over from this morning!]
- Heat a pan over a medium heat and melt the butter or ghee. Add the minced garlic for a minute, until fragrant;
- Add the scallops and cook for a few minutes on the first side so they are about halfway cooked. Turn the scallops and finish cooking until they are firm and opaque.
- Put the scallops aside to a plate and add the lemon juice to the hot butter and garlic in the pan. Season to taste;
- Serve the scallops on a bed of steamed or roasted vegetables with the lemon and garlic butter sauce on top. Spinach and asparagus go very well with scallops. Additionally, sprinkle some fresh parsley or chives on top if available.
- [no parsley or chives, just bacon]