I made these on Sunday and WOW – they were good. I’m so used to wings that are breaded and/or sauced. Well, I can’t have that stuff anymore due to the wheat/gluten thing, so have shied away from them.
I decided on Sunday that I was making wings as our family dinner with various sides. Instead of a sauce, I used a dry rub and grilled. Holy sh*t this was good. I also made an awesome dip which I have already posted on the site. Click here for that recipe. You definitely don’t need the sauce – the wings were delicious with or without!
Play with the spices – go heavy on the stuff you like. Enjoy!
- 2 + pounds wings
- olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp of each: cumin, ground cayenne pepper, paprika, chipotle, onion powder, garlic powder
- 1/2 tsbp garlic salt, pepper
- Mix all spices really well in a bowl
- line your baking sheet with tin foil
- brush with olive/coconut oil, using a silicone brush
- preheat grill to approx. 350-375 degrees
- pour all the wings into a larger bowl and drizzle with some olive or coconut oil
- mix them up with your hands, use rubber gloves if you want, get them good and covered
- Next, take the wings a couple at a time and place in spice mix. Get them good and covered – don’t be afraid to get that rub on every area of the wing
- arrange the wings on your baking sheet, and place on grill
- Leave them on the grill for at least 5-7 minutes before turning, and then another 5-7 minutes.
- Our grill was super hot on one side from the drippings – and that charred those wings (you’ll see in the pic). But – everyone loved them charred! The texture worked with the spice!
When done (cut open a couple to make sure) serve with the dipping sauce. ENJOY!