This was SO GOOD! And if you have a food processor, super easy. I got this from The Foodnetwork’s Guy Fieri. I modified to suit us Paleo Peeps and went to town. Delicious.
Original recipe here and below, my mods in [xxx]. ENJOY!!
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon stick
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce [coconut aminos]
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme sprigs [dried, didn’t have fresh]
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 Scotch bonnet pepper [didn’t do, didn’t have]
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled [this provided a damn good kick]
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Mango Salsa, recipe follows
In a food processor, combine all ingredients except chicken; puree until smooth. Add all but 1/4 cup of the mixture in a 1 gallon plastic sealable bag. Add the chicken to the bag and let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours. [ok, I used all marinade and skipped the dip. It was still good]
Heat grill to medium-high. Skewer chicken pieces and grill on 1 side for about 5 minutes. Flip and grill the other side until cooked through and grill marks appear.
Top with the Mango Salsa and serve with 1/4 cup reserved (unused) marinade as a dipping sauce.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar [heck no, used one tablespoon of raw honey]
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
In a medium bowl, combine sugar, lime juice, hot sauce, and ginger. Mix thoroughly and add the remaining ingredients. Toss and refrigerate for 1 hour.