Hello! I’m staring with dessert first tonight! I’m not a big ‘sweets’ type of person. I’ll choose massive bag of salty tortilla chips over chocolate any day of the week, however, I saw this recipe on PaleOMG and thought, “there are five ingredients and I don’t have to turn the oven on. Let’s do it.”
So, while dinner was cooking I put this together. With my little mini food processor, it took me about 2 minutes. Not bad for a week night. The consistency and flavor is seriously JUST LIKE chocolate pudding. Me likey. I think this is also perfect for kids.
Here’s the original recipe and it’s also below with my mods in [xxx]. Enjoy!!
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- 1-2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (the more, the chocolatey-er) [yes, I did 2.5-3 – Fuzz is a chocolatey guy]
- 2 teaspoons raw honey [yes]
- 1 teaspoon sunbutter (or other nut butter) [oops, used about 1.5 tablespoons. I love sun butter]
- pinch of salt [forgot this]
- dark chocolate chips-optional [totally optional, but had them so used them. You’ll want to as well, I promise.]
- Mash up your avocado.
- Add in your cocoa powder, raw honey, sunbutter, pinch of salt and mix thoroughly.
- Top with dark chocolate chips if you would like. I liked.
- Eat it up!
- **if you want to go over the top it chocolatey flavor and give your pudding a protein boost, add a tablespoon of Simply Pure Nutrients Recovery Fuel [I don’t do protein powder…I’m not sure why. I just don’t. But this is a FABULOUS idea.]