Ok, so warning: the next three recipes are also from PaleOMG. No, I’m not stalking Juli Bauer…well, maybe I am. I am just LOVING her recipes and want to share them with the world. I might have a bit of a girl crush on her…I’ll stop there.
What I LOVE about this recipe is that it took me about 45 minutes TOTAL TIME – with cooking. EASY AS HECK. The Fuzz LOVED this dish – I will absolutely make it again. I might try it next time wrapped in bacon, or try it with thighs instead of breasts. Any way you do it – it rules.
So, original recipe here and below, with my mods in [xxx]. ENJOY!
- 4 large chicken breasts [I used one package of organic chicken breasts]
- 2 large shallots, peeled and thinly sliced [check out the pics, mine were medium…]
- 5-7 medjool dates, pitted and diced [used 5]
- 3 large sprigs of fresh rosemary [didn’t have this – used dried thyme]
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil [used walnut oil]
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar [used zinfindel vinegar]
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar [yep]
- salt and pepper, to taste [yep]
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pull out a large glass baking dish and place chicken in it.
- Top chicken off with your sliced shallots and dates.
- Now pull the rosemary off one of the sprigs and toss over the chicken, then place the remaining 2 rosemary sprigs around the chicken.
- Finish the chicken off by pouring over olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and apple cider vinegar and topping it off with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. No pink please. [mine baked for 27 minutes and it was perfect]