Made this one for CrossFit X Ladies Night! It was super good…next time I’m going to skip the cocoa…I truly just love zucchini bread. NOMMY.
Dale and I got a bit naughty and tried this with butter (rocked), a honey drizzle (rocked), then I melted butter, stirred in honey, and put that on there. Yeah, you can guess what happened then. I’ll leave it at that.
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded (equal to 1.5 cups shredded zucchini)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 3/4 cup sunbutter (or nutbutter if you prefer) [I used more – I love sunbutter; remember, I doubled the recipe]
- 1/3 cup raw honey [doubled the recipe, but still only used 1/3 cup] [yes on everything else]
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- So you first need to shred your zucchini. Use the shredding attachment on your food processor or take the long and boring route using a cheese grater. Whichever works.
- Once yours zucchini is shredded, you need to remove the excess liquid. And zucchinis have a lot of it. What I did was place a couple paper towels down on the counter, throw the zucchini on top, then place another paper towel on top of the zucchini then squeezed. The more you squeeze, the more liquid will come out. Genius.
- Use more paper towels as needed, but be sure to squeeze until the zucchini feels water-less.
- Place zucchini in a bowl with the rest of your ingredients. Use a large spoon to mix well until all the ingredients are combined and you have a deep chocolate color.
- Pour your ingredients into a loaf pan. IMPORTANT NOTE, I used 2 mini loaf pans that were about 5×3. [used four mini loaf pans]
- Place in oven to bake for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when you poke it. Mine took almost 35 minutes to completely cook through. [mine were at 32 minutes]
- Let cool, cut and serve!