Another good one from Juli and PaleOMG.
Have to make this a quick post as I need to make some goodies for Canadian Thanksgiving! Enjoy your weekend!!
This was amazing, FYI.
Paleo Spinach and Artichoke Chicken Carbonara Pasta [my mods below in [xxx])
- 1lb uncured bacon, cut into 1/2 inch squares [just cooked whole, cooled, cut. Grease – poured out most grease then used to
- cook chicken. I suggest this as it is freaking good.]
- 1 medium sized spaghetti squash
- 1/2lb chicken tenders, diced [two smaller (non hormone) chicken boobs]
- 1 can/jar artichoke hearts, cut in half or into fourths [can of quartered hearts, find at Cash and Carry]
- 5-6 cups spinach (just get a crap ton and call it good) [nom nom nom]
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced [one leek]
- 3 garlic cloves, minced 
- [2 tbsp butter (optional)]
- [1/2 can coconut milk – the ‘hard’ part. See below for information]
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. You will first need to get your spaghetti squash cooked. Cut it in half, pull out the seeds and
threads with a spoon. Be aggressive, and strong. Place open side down on a cookie sheet and
bake for 20-25 minutes or until the skin “gives” when you press on it. [you can also boil squash –
just as easy.]
3. Now, pull out a large pan and place over medium-high heat. The higher the sides of the pan, the
less bacon grease burns you will encounter. Don’t say I didn’t tell you. Add your cut pieces of
bacon to the pan to let cook, stirring occasionally so the bacon doesn’t burn.
4. Once the bacon is done cooking, use a slotted spoon to place the bacon in a bowl to add back to
the pasta later and remove 1/2 of the bacon fat in the pan. I used a jar to place my bacon fat in
so I can cook over things with it later. [Suggestion: cook the bacon and then hide it so SOMEONE
doesn’t come home and eat it all BEFORE dinner]
5. With 1/2 of the bacon fat remaining, add the mined garlic and diced onions to let cook down.
6. Once the onions begin to become translucent, add the diced chicken. [I had already cooked my
chicken, so just chopped it up and added it LAST]
7. When the chicken is almost done cooking, add your artichokes. [added this before chicken]
8. Your spaghetti squash should be done cooking at this point so take it out of the oven, use a fork
to de-thread it, and add the threads to the pan. [Yes, took this out to cool a bit. But did NOT add
to pan. I added it to two bowls for Dale and I…]
9. [I decided at this point I wanted some ‘sauce.’ So, added some coconut milk – JUST the hard
stuff…you know how the water/milk seperates? I added only the hard stuff, let that cook down,
added half a cup of chicken broth too, salt and pepper, paprika…]
10. Re-add your diced bacon. [Yes]
11. [then added my chicken]
12. Then add your spinach.
13. Mix thoroughly to incorporate everything together
14. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 minutes, or until the spinach slightly wilts.