Holy mother of PEARL these were good. WOW. I’m not a sweets type person, but these rocked. They are RICH. Next time, I’m going to make mini cups – I couldn’t find the mini cup papers at the store so our guests on Friday night got these honking things. There were no complaints. 🙂
Thank you PaleOMG for this one. Make these – you’ll love them. Original recipe here and below, and just follow that, I did and they were perfect. Some notes in [xxx].
Prep time: 10 mins
- 6-9 ounces dark chocolate chips [14 oz]
- ½ cup almond butter (sunflower seed butter for nut free!) [3/4 cup]
- 2 tablespoons honey [3 tbsp]
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon [x2]
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract [love vanilla, used 1.5 tsp]
- pinch of salt [yep]
- In a bowl, mix together your almond butter, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. [now be careful you don’t start eating this right now…it’s good]
- In another bowl, melt your chocolate. I used the microwave but you could also use a double boiler. [I used a small pot on the stove, LOW, stir constantly. Worked great.]
- Now place 6 silicone liners in your muffin tin. If you don’t have silicone liners, paper muffin liners will work just fine. [used foil liners x10]
- Use a glazing brush or a spoon to spread some of your chocolate in the bottom of your muffin tin. [I used a spoon]
- Then pour a bit of your almond butter into the cup. [so good]
- Then top off with another small dollop of chocolate, spreading out to make a circle. [yes, I swirled it]
- Repeat in all cups.
- [Shazzy additions: sprinkled crushed almonds on top and/or coconut flakes. NOM NOM NOM.]
- Place in freezer for an hour or more.
- Pull out of liners. The almond butter will sticky and stick a little to the sides of the liners. [I just handed them out with liners on them and had people take them off when they were ready to eat.]
- Eat up for your Halloween treat! [These are good ANYTIME!!]