Wow, I cannot believe it’s been almost a month since I’ve last posted. I’m so sorry!!! I’ve made so many good dishes too, sad thing is I can’t remember a lot of them. I suck.
Tonight, for CrossFit X Ladies Night, I made basil kale meatballs. My girlfriend mentioned them last night so I started searching for a recipe…well, I didn’t find exactly what I wanted so I used Sarah Fragraso’s (everydaypaleo.com) recipe and added some of my magic to it.
*YAY! Posted the ‘done pics’. Sorry for the delay!!
- 1 lb sausage of your choice (I used chicken Italian sausage from Isberio’s)
- 1 lb ground beef
- one whole red onion, pulsed in food processor
- 3-4 cups loosely packed baby kale (big bag from Costco) or 1 bunch kale, tough stems removed and chopped finely in a food processor
- 1 -2 cups loosely packed basil – tossed in food processor – pulsed
- salt and pepper
- Fresh ground black pepper sprinkled on top before putting in oven
Preheat oven to 375, mix all ingredients together by hand and form into meatballs a little larger than golf balls. Place on cookie sheet bake for 25 minutes, then check. I cooked two cookie sheet-fulls for about 30 minutes, but my oven doesn’t run hot so check at 25. These are so good!!