- 2 tbsp cooking fat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 can coconut milk, mixed (shake it in the can, you want the solids too)
- 1⁄2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tsp ground tumeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ground pepper, cumin, coriander, tumeric and salt. Set aside for later use.
- Using a hand blender or food processor, combine garlic, ginger and onion. Pulse until a chunky paste is formed.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the fat of choice. Add the garlic paste from above. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, enough time to allow the mixture to golden slightly in color. Sprinkle in the spice mix from step one and stir well so that everything is evenly coated. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add your one can of coconut milk, mix together well. Turn off heat.
- Grab a greased baking dish. Place chicken breasts in dish, cover with red peppers, add coconut mixture. Make sure everything is well coated. Use lid or cover with foil.
- Place in oven at 425 for 20 minutes, uncover, then turn to 375 for another 15-20 or chicken is cooked through.
We had this over roasted broccoli and it was FABULOUS. Enjoy!
Note: you can also just cook everything in the one pan. After step three, add your chicken to the pan, sear on all sides. Then move on to step four. Enjoy!!