I wasn’t exactly sure how this would turn out…I love caraway, but it’s an interesting spice I don’t have much experience with. I decided to throw caution to the wind and use it in this stew.
I was loving the crock pot this week – seriously – I cannot believe how convenient this tool is. Life is busy, this piece in the kitchen makes it a tad easier. This was a good “I’ve got to clean out the fridge” type of soup. Easy, flavorful, and even better the next day. ENJOY!!
- 1 lb ground pork, cooked w/salt and pepper
- 1 yam, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red or orange pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch of curly kale, stemmed and chopped
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1.5 tsp ground caraway
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1-2 cans of water (depending on how thick or not you want this)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook your meat with salt and pepper.
- Put all the other stuff in crock pot.
- Add cooked meat.
- Turn on 6-8 hours.