I had a bunch of ground pork that I needed to use and planned on making meatballs – however, then I did a bunch of sh*t on the bar at the gym and my hands now look like ground pork…I decided handling meat with these hands wasn’t the brightest of ideas so instead made this. What I LOVED about this dish was the kale – should have doubled that (keep that in mind). This was even better the next day mixed with eggs for breakie. SO GOOD. ENJOY!
- Sautee fat of choice (I used olive oil)
- One white onion, chopped
- Two large garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 lbs ground pork
- 1 yam or sweet tater, peeled and shredded
- 1-2 bunch kale, finely chopped, stems removed (I used the Dinosaur kale, holds up nicely). So, on the stems – my kale was young, so my stems weren’t that tough. I just chopped up with the rest of it and tossed in.
- 1-2 shredded carrots – I had a MASSIVE carrot from my ACME bin, so I used one. I suggest two normal sized carrots. See pic.
- ½ tsp pepper & 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Italian spice
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Fresh ground pepper and salt to taste
- Heat up your sautee oil of choice and whip in your chopped onions and garlic. Cook on medium until fragrant.
- Toss in your ground pork, crumble, get it cooking.
- Once it’s heated up a bit, add your Italian spice, paprika and pepper. Mix and cook until about half way finished.
- Add your shredded carrot and tater, mix well together. You don’t really need to add extra ‘moisture’ because these two items will have some.
- Turn heat to medium/low, cover, and cook for 3-5 minutes . Stir a couple times here to make sure pork gets cooked through.
- When carrot and tater start looking wilty (cooked), then add your kale, mix through and cook until a vibrant dark green.
- Give it another mix to make sure all is done, add a dash of paprika and salt/pepper & serve.