These wings were perfect for my husband – i.e. not hot. The last several wing-attemps has had him breathing fire. Which is good for no one. Anyhoo….
These are easy because you’ll probably have everything on hand. Enjoy!
- 10 chicken wings (two packages from the six pack from Costco – GREAT to have on hand)
- Bacon fat (to brush on your wings before you sprinkle on spices)
- 1 Tsb onion powder
- 1 Tsb garlic powder
- 1 Tsb paprika
- 1 Tsb chili powder
- 1/2 Tsb ancho chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix all spices together, set aside.
- Take your wings, rinse and pat dry.
- Get your bacon fat in liquid form, I put in microwave for 30 seconds or so, in a bowl.
- Take a couple wings at a time, put in the bowl and get the fat on them, continue for all wings.
- Put wings on a cookie sheet w/rack – I have a rack that fits in my cookie sheet – I place parchment paper under the rack.
- Grab your spice mix, sprinkle heavy (but don’t rub in) on wings. Pat gently, turn over and do the same.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes or until done. Mine were in for 40 – but my oven also runs cool. Which is a drag but I work with it.
Try the Tomato-Basil Dip with this – its boomsauce.