This was another awesome recipe that I put together one day and then didn’t cook it until three days later. It turned out really good and it was done in the crock pot. EASY. I got this recipe from the Paleo Recipe Book and adapted it. This book contains great recipes! Lots of them too.
I grew up on beef goulash and beef stroganoff (this one will be done next weekend). This recipe is paleo (which means UPDATED from my childhood). I loved the red pepper and onion combo with the paprika. Updated from my childhood and JUST as good.
- cooking fat
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb stew beef (already cut into cubes from Costco, or cut your stew beef into cubes)
- 2 medium onions
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in to strips
- 4 tbsp of paprika ( I LOVE PAPRIKA)
- 3 tsp of caraway seeds
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup of beef stock
- 1 cup of red wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all spices together, rub all over the beef. Add salt and pepper too. Let this sit in a covered dish for at least an hour – if you can let it sit overnight, do it. SO GOOD.
- Heat up your cooking fat, brown the beef. Take out of pan with a slotted spoon, set aside.
- Grab crock pot – layer a few pepper strips and onion slices on bottom.
- Move beef to crock pot on top of the onion and peppers.
- Place more onions and peppers on top.
- Pour liquid over the goods.
- Place lid on and put in crock pot, or in fridge until you are ready for crock pot.
- Turn on medium to high (put on 8 hours for mine)
- It will be done when you are ready. SO GOOD. Enjoy!
Note the random cute pic of my dog Mia. She’s so sweet. Had to put her in there.