This was an easy, yummy ‘it’s been a long week and I don’t want to cook’ meal. We had some leftover meatballs so I decided to whip a little sumptin sumptin up. Yes, I just said that.
This was easy, I had everything on hand, which is always nice. Enjoy!
- 1 large acorn squash
- meatballs, leftover meat of choice
- Marinara (Costco brand is great – no sugar added)
- Basil pesto (Again, Costco) 🙂
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut your squash in half, take seeds out.
- Brush (heavily) each squash half with basil pesto, place open side down on a lined cookie sheet.
- Cook until fork goes through with little ‘give.’
- Take out of oven, turn over and place in oven safe dish (just so you have sides to hold the marinara)
- Put meatballs in, top with marinara, put back in the oven for 20 minutes until heated through.
- VIOLA! That’s it. Easy to just eat with a fork, no knife needed. It was SUPER GOOD.