My girlfriend, Caroline, gave me this recipe – it is SO GOOD. Great flavors and I love the tomato paste in here. Here’s the original recipe, my version below.
This is perfect for kebabs, meatloaf or meatballs. I’ve taste-tested several…they are good. 🙂 Must stop eating…
Makes: Serves 8 as kebabs, plus leftovers, made lots of meatballs – larger, 2-3 biters – approx 40.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1 large yellow onion, very finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line baking sheets with parchment.
- Using your hands, mix all ingredients together in a large bowl just until combined (overmixing may toughen the meat).
- Gently make meatballs and place on cookie sheet
- Place in oven for 30 minutes, check to make sure they are done. If not, leave in for another 5 minutes and check again.
- SO GOOD.