I’m back with yet another meatball recipe. You know, you can make these anything you like – burgers, meatballs, meatloaf…all easy because you break out your food processor, a bowl, some ground meat and add an egg or two, some coconut flour if you want, spices, and go to town. Meatballs are great because they keep well, are easy to grab and go, and freeze well. So, there you go – my theme. 🙂
I have a busy week this week which is another reason I’m making balls of meat…Fuzz is out of town and I’ve got to take care of myself and Mia – our very sweet 6 year old english setter. So, easy and quick are key terms for me this week.
This is a different twist on the Basil Kale Meatballs I’ve made in the past. I used different spices, bacon, etc….check it out and enjoy!
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1.5 lbs ground pork
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and food processor – pulsed
- 1 bunch kale, food processor – pulsed (I used lacinto kale)
- 1 cup fresh basil, pulsed
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, pusled
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley pulsed
- 1.5 tbsp onion powder
- 1.5 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Make meatballs, loaf, burgers.
- For meatballs – cook at 375 for 35 minutes, check and cook till done (if they aren’t done already). ENJOY!