This. Was. Amazing. And easy – especially since I already had the chicken cooked. You can get a rotisserie chicken and that will work as well.
I got the original recipe here, my version below. Enjoy!!
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
- 1 can (14 oz.) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass, cut in 1-in. pieces (here’s a great how to for lemongrass)
- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken breast or thighs, cut into 1-in. chunks (rotisserie chicken will work great too)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Thai or Vietnamese fish sauce (nuoc mam or nam pla)
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili paste
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
In a medium saucepan, combine coconut milk, broth, ginger, and lemongrass and bring to boil over high heat. Add chicken, mushrooms, lime juice, fish sauce, and chili paste. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is firm and opaque, 5 to 10 minutes. Garnish servings with basil and cilantro