Well, I apparently forgot to take a picture of this dish. I need to have a camera taped to my head taking shots constantly so I don’t miss anything. Ugh. Anyway, wanted to post this as it was delish! Thank you Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy Meals for this one.
I love cabbage. I love cruciferous veggies. Why? You get a lot of bang for your buck when you eat them – check it out.
This was a super easy recipe and tasty. Kept well too!
Want to make it a full meal, or a tad different? Toss in ribbon sliced dinosaur kale, red pepper, cooked chicken or even cooked ground turkey. NOM NOM NOM.
- 1/2 c. walnuts
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/4 c. canned coconut milk
- 4 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 4 cups of shredded cabbage
- 1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Blend walnuts, garlic and coconut milk in a food processor until smooth. Add basil leaves and pulse several times to chop the leaves. While the blade is running add the olive oil and continue to process until basil leaves are well blended. Add salt to taste.
- Combine pesto and cabbage stirring well. Drizzle half of the rice vinegar over cabbage and continue to mix adding remaining vinegar to taste.
- Add lemon zest. Mix well.