I’m a big fan of Elana’s Pantry and her awesome recipes…especially her power/breakie bar recipes. I just made my second batch of these and they are super good. Apparently, I’ve run out of adjectives to describe my food, I have to brains space left. Have I mentioned this? I think I have. Sorry.
I’ll get to the recipe – seriously, I’m toast. That could be due to the fact that I drank yesterday and ended up on the kitchen floor with two good girlfriends, a bag of potato chips and a dark chocolate-toffee bar…hmmm….
Ok, I took three different recipes and combined them. This is what I came up with. Enjoy!
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup (or skip it if you want to skip sugar)
- 3/4 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (for topping)
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 5 – 8 dried apricots
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor, pulse together flour, meal and salt.
- Pulse in coconut oil, water, honey/syrup.
- Pulse in coconut, seeds, cherries and apricots.
- Press dough into an 9×11 (ish) pan. You can use a smaller or larger pan, know the bars will be thicker or thinner depending on what you do.
- Top with coconut evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 2 hours (otherwise, they are crumbly)